+ 44 (0) 1844 218 957
+ 44 (0) 1844 218 956
Independent Financial Adviser est. 1988
French and Spanish Mortgage Brokers
French Tax Planning Specialists

When I move to France will I be eligible for French state sponsored healthcare benefits?


Access to French State sponsored Healthcare


This is not automatic. It will depend on whether you will be working or ‘inactive’ once in France. If it is the former and you will be working in France, you and your family will enjoy access to full benefits through the employed or self-employed French Social Security regimes. If inactive, limited access to healthcare may be available by reference to your UK NIC record. This may be permanent or only temporary, depending on your use. Otherwise you may need to consider applying via CMU (Couverture Maladie  Universelle) or taking on comprehensive private medical insurance.