+ 44 (0) 1844 218 957
+ 44 (0) 1844 218 956
Independent Financial Adviser est. 1988
French and Spanish Mortgage Brokers
French Tax Planning Specialists

I have been told that if I declare the French income in the UK, then I do not have to declare it France under the double taxation treaty, is this correct?

No - Any letting income generated by the French property owned by a resident in France or the UK, no matter where it is paid or received, is always, first and foremost, taxable in France.

Secondly, if the owner is resident in the UK at the time, the income will also always be taxable in the UK.